today marks 29 days until election day – or, as my co-workers at HQ are saying, 30 days until the weekend, our first real break since we joined this long, weighted drive to re-elect the president. the expectation of the end is both painfully buoyant and powerfully bittersweet. sadness lies in knowing this team of superhumans likely will disband and scatter, its greatness as a unit dispersed. but it is tempered by the knowledge that in that undoing, more good things are coming.
this campaign, this role, my work – they all have solidified for me how absolutely critical it is to care and to act. while it is not possible to support every noble cause in the world, it is necessary to point my acute efforts to a refined few in which i believe most firmly.
- mari huertas on believing. [Go. Obama.]
i am grateful to count mari as one of my dearest friends. thank you, internet.
- thatkindofwoman likes this
- marihuertas reblogged this from texturism and added:
- my-little-kumquat likes this
- galapagosgal likes this
- awaywegotoraleigh likes this
- tracy-says likes this
- searchingperfection likes this
- progressivedance likes this
- shyneintechnicolor likes this
- randomitus likes this
- amorousmusings likes this
- hmyesok likes this
- ellens likes this
- goodeggs likes this
- quyenhuynh likes this
- texturism posted this