found on jarrettfuller ’s [thoughtful] blog
milton erickson, the great psychologist, had this idea that you can reframe anything. you can take the worst feeling in the world and “reframe” it so that that terrible feeling becomes its own solution.
and i think about moments like that now, and i think, i can either run from that feeling, we as a community can either run from that feeling, or we can run TO that feeling. we can treat that feeling as an arrow that we need to follow.
like, OK, i’m about to vomit, my stomach is about to leap out of my mouth…but maybe that just means i’m on the right track. maybe that just means i’m doing my job.
- id-ccl reblogged this from texturism
- ritaelise likes this
- awomaninscience reblogged this from texturism and added:
- nsw7 likes this
- fromcoasttoshore likes this
- rose-colored likes this
- noraleah said: beautiful.
- noraleah likes this
- justasheems reblogged this from texturism
- justasheems likes this
- ethelandbev reblogged this from texturism
- ethelandbev likes this
- dixonlea likes this
- balancing likes this
- beigeslacks said: okay - need some context here…
- the-partisans said: If you read an audiobook, I would listen to the whole thing. Next career path? :)
- revelrousbrigantessa likes this
- ferfluffle reblogged this from texturism
- historysmysteries likes this
- onedrous likes this
- jennaddenda likes this
- hawktrainer likes this
- mariseca reblogged this from texturism
- jarrettfuller likes this
- willow-draconis likes this
- cuterthanpushkin likes this
- texturism posted this